Wednesday, September 14, 2016
I took my car up for an inspection so I could renew my license plate tags but my beloved 2002 Ford Focus hatchback failed miserably. I actually knew it was going to fail because the check engine light was on and I suspected a bad fuel pump from the code reader I tested it with. Well they did change the fuel pump but that didn't fix the issue so now we have to do more work. On top of that it failed a safety inspection because the rack and pinion was leaking from three spots. I replaced that as well. So now I'm down about $1700 and my car still needs work. Arrgh !
Anyway I don't think I will be making a purchase here for at least a few weeks as a result of my surprise expenses so it may be quiet around here. In the mean time I will still be watching out for good deals in the market and it looks like we may have more and more if the market keeps dropping.
If anyone wants to write a guest post in the mean time, hit me up at email@example.com !
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
It's time for my August dividend update! This month I earned $290.14 which was a small step backwards compared to last quarter and even last year where I earned $309.01 for the month of August. The difference is due to my sale of Realty Income in July and even though my purchase of Abbott Labs (ABT) helped offset those losses it just wasn't enough to keep me over that $300 mark, but I'll be back over that in no time!
This month featured one purchase of Flowers Foods and 8 different companies as well as a bond fund payed me dividends this month.
- Flowers Foods (FLO) - 157 Shares @ $16.46
General Mills (GIS) - From .46 to .48 (+4.3%) Note: This is the 2nd raise in two quarters!
- Clorox (CLX) - From .77 to .80 (+3.8%)
- AT&T (T) - $108
- WGL Holdings (WGL) - $32.18
- General Mills (GIS) - $37.44
- Clorox (CLX) - $15.20
- Peoples United Financial (PBCT) - $37.91
- Proctor & Gamble (PG) - $22.76
- Abbott Labs (ABT) - $7.02
- Tompson Financial (TMP) - $19.80
- Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $9.83
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Flowers Foods is a company that has been around for decades and will be around for many more assuming they are not purchased by a larger food giant. I do not feel that the legal issues with the drivers will hurt FLO much even if they lose the judgments and they will come back stronger once they put this matter behind them.
Last week I purchased 157 more shares of the US baker Flowers Foods for a total of $2584.34 which is an average of $16.46/share.
Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO), is a bakery which was opened by the Flowers family in 1919 and is now one of the largest producers of packaged bakery foods in the United States. FLO is the home for some of the largest brands in the business including Wonder, and Natures Own brands and is the second largest bread company in the US.
FLO Stock Chart
FLO Basic Stats
- Ticker Symbol: FLO
- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Yield: 4.2%
- Dividend Growth Streak: 10 years
- Annualized Dividend Growth 3yr: 10.6%
- Payout Ratio: 67%
- P/E Ratio: 15.7 (forward)
- Market cap:$3.15 Billion
- Website: http://www.flowersfoods.com
FLO Financial Growth
FLO Dividend Growth
Saturday, July 30, 2016
- Realty Income (O) - From .1995 to .2015 (+1%)
- Coca Cola (KO) - $21.35
- New Jersey Resources (NJR) - $85.20
- Kraft/Heinz (KHC) - $24.73
- Hatteras Financial (HTS) - $24.75
- Altria (MO) - $53.68
- Phillip Morris (PM) - $14.28
- Glako Smith Kline (GSK) - $38.51
- Realty Income (O) - $19.95
- Sysco (SYY) - $20.46
- Cisco (CSCO) - $9.62
- Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $10.35