It's February dividend update time! My dividend total for February was $292.68 which is a 9% improvement over last year. I'm a bit disappointed with this result which was largely due to selling my position in KMI after the dividend cut they announced. I took some of the KMI money and bought some shares of AT&T to make up for a bit of that lost high yield but it wasn't nearly enough. In contrast my last quarters income was $336.79 so I've got some making up to do.
I can't blame it all on KMI though, I also did not receive my Kraft Heinz dividend since it paid in January. All of this added up to a slightly weak quarter but it's nothing I'm too worried about. I'm still forecasting strong quarterly growth overall in the future.
I made three purchases last month including PZA which is a tax free bond ETF and my first exposure to bonds. I also grabbed some more shares of Tompkins financial which I forgot to share.
- Flowers Foods (FLO) - 56 Shares @ $21.44
- Tompkins Financial (TMP)- 19 Shares @ $55
- PowerShares National AMT-Free MuniBd ETF (PZA) - 78 @ $25.80
- AT&T (T) - From .47 to .48 (+2.1 %)
- AT&T (T) - $108
- WGL Holdings - (WGL) - $30.53
- General Mills (GIS) - $34.32
- Clorox (CLX) - $14.63
- Realty Income (O) - $19.85
- Proctor & Gamble (PG) - $22.54
- Peoples United Financial (PBCT) - $37.35
- Tompkins Financial (TMP) - $19.80
- Powershares National MuniBond ETF (PZA) - $5.66